[WP] 27.02.2023 | miscellaneous

fig 1.1 pierwszy project home page

Today i was working on PP – side project react app. Firstly I extended Dark Mode functionality to login, registry and password reset forms. When working on the problem I have met some issues connected with component styling. Scss file of a login component was not responding to style changes. Moreover had a problem with register form. I couldnt apply theme variables to bacground property because whole login form route background was painted black instead of black background with grey login form on top of it(in dark mode).


After long trials to approach this problem it turned out to be matter of css classes conflict between login, register and password resset forms. When i was writing above mentioned components I reused parts of login code/styles within registry component and password reset component. Only in case of register form I used css.modules style import method. Other two were imported directly. Consequently some of css classes were defined in two different files(big mistake – never stop learning ! )


This day brought also one small sucess. I have managed to create footer template and style it in not obvious(if u ask me) way adding wavy curve on top making page design a little bit more dynamic and interesting in my opinion. I used online svg file generator and copied ready made svg html tag describing nice curvy shape. Last but not least I adjusted footer colors to pages dark/light mode feature. I used theme contex which already existed in app and set condition on fill attribute of svg file.


Yesterday I get first chat GPT ai experience. I had good impression and feel pretty positive about tweak in performance and learning it can bring. I believe that ai role is suportive and at least now cannot replace classic learning, development, problem solving process and emotions of a human being. I hope that it will remain in that way.


Out and about

gmarcin

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

[WP] 23.06.2023 | subjects

15.07.2024 | simplicity

[WP] 05.06.2023 | angular-intro